Hello and a Warm Welcome to Our Virtual Event
We’re delighted to provide this new opportunity for you to learn more about the national Quality in Careers Standard.
The Department for Education in its January 2023 updated Statutory Guidance “strongly recommends” that all secondary schools and colleges should work towards and achieve the Standard.
The DfE has part-funded the production of this third Virtual Event for schools and colleges because the evidence is that Quality in Careers Award Holders achieve highest Compass scores nationally – Quality in Careers
The Event is all pre-recorded including an introduction from the Quality in Careers Director, with the opportunity then for you to pick from a series of videos enabling you to:
- view a new Introductory PowerPoint about the Standard, and the benefits for you and your students, which is downloadable to allow you to show it to Senior Leadership Teams and Governors if you’re presenting proposals to work towards the Standard;
- hear from several schools and colleges from across the country with recent experience of working towards and achieving the Standard (including during COVID-19 times). We’ve new videos from Brighouse High School, The Coop Multi-Academy Trust, and Farnborough Sixth Form College. We’re also working with Derby College (of Further Education) to bring their video onto the Event in the coming weeks. We’ve retained three videos from the 2022 Event: Hednesford Valley Special School, The Deepings Academy and the City of London School for Girls (as a leading Independent school). All of these schools and colleges tell you about their views on the benefits of working towards and achieving the Standard for their students;
- ‘meet’ our Licensed Awarding Bodies and hear about their approach to the delivery of the Standard. You can see which Awarding Bodies are operating in your area of the country and access their introductory video – so that you won’t need to look at all Awarding Bodies;
- view the Event at your own pace, so you can visit and revisit at times to suit you.
- follow up after the Event by arranging further discussions with the Awarding Body/Bodies you’d like to speak directly with about embarking upon the national Standard.
Our 2023 Virtual Event will remain accessible on our website throughout 2023. We hope you find it helpful – and that you’ll be inspired to join us and work towards the Standard to gain national accreditation for your careers provision for the benefit of your students.
A Warm Welcome from the Quality in Careers Director
The following map (of England, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland) enables you to view the Licensed Awarding Bodies operating in your region/where you are.
- Simply click on the region/where you are
- The page will then display the Awarding Bodies currently operating in that area
- Click on ‘Hear from Awarding Bodies‘ to view introductory videos from each Awarding Body offering the Standard where you are