This page provides details of all secondary schools, colleges and other learning providers who have been successfully assessed and accredited by one of our Licensed Awarding Bodies to hold the national Quality in Careers Standard.
Award Holders are shown in every one of the 9 Regions in England (plus those in Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands) by clicking on the map below. The link shows you the name of the Awarding Body too.
We strongly recommend that secondary schools, colleges and other learning providers looking to start ‘working towards’ the Standard make contact with one or more of our Awarding Bodies as well as speaking with one or more holder of the Standard.
At the end of February 2020, there were over 1100 secondary schools, colleges and other learning providers across England who either held or were working towards achieving the Standard:
- 686 Award Holders (including 166 secondary schools & colleges accredited in 2019-20 against the revised national criteria fully incorporating the Gatsby Benchmarks = 24% of current Award Holders).
- 482 Working Towards the Standard (to be assessed in 2020/21 against the revised national criteria fully incorporating the Gatsby Benchmarks).
This includes 32% of England’s state secondary schools & academies as well as 30% of England’s FE & Sixth Form Colleges. A growing number are also now showing interest in and some have begun working towards the Standard in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Despite the impact of COVID19, the latest headline figures of engagement with the Standard (collated at the end of November 2020) show that over 1200 secondary schools and colleges have either acquired or are working towards acquiring the Standard. This is a net increase of 100 compared with February 2020. These figures will be fully updated further once the pandemic is (hopefully) contained with a return to more ‘normal’ circumstances.
Whilst this page doesn’t include details of secondary schools, colleges and other providers who are ‘working towards’ achieving the Standard, you may also ask our Awarding Bodies if there are learning providers located near you who are currently ‘working towards’ the Standard.
- When reading this section, for schools or colleges which were previously holding, as at the end of March 2017 a then valid individually-named CEIAG Quality Award (e.g. “Investor in Careers”, or “Career Mark”), please note that these individually-named awards are no longer awarded, they have been replaced by the single national CEIAG Quality Award – the Quality in Careers Standard.
- With effect from the end of March 2017, the previous providers of those individually-named awards became Licensed Awarding Bodies for the Quality in Careers Standard and all schools and colleges holding one of those earlier awards now hold the national Quality in Careers Standard (many of course have now been subject to reaccreditation under our revised national criteria).
- “Investor in Careers” is now a brand of the legal entity which is the Licensed Awarding Body CSW Group.
- “Career Mark” is now a brand of the legal entity which is the Licensed Awarding Body Complete Careers.
- “Inspiring IAG” is now a brand of the legal entity which is the Licensed Awarding Body Positive Steps.
- These 3 Awarding Bodies use the brands to describe their approach to the delivery of the Quality in Careers Standard.
Disclaimer: The Quality in Careers Consortium is not responsible for the content of external websites referred to or linked to in any part of our website. The Consortium is not liable in relation to, and neither takes responsibility for, any contract entered into by visitors to this website.
Hyperlinks: Whilst we endeavour to ensure all links included are correct and working, from time to time links do not work correctly. We would be grateful if you could please report any broken or incorrect links on this website by completing our Get in Touch form or emailing email@example.com