This page provides details of all secondary schools, colleges and other learning providers who have been successfully assessed and accredited by one of our Licensed Awarding Bodies to hold the national Quality in Careers Standard.
Award Holders are shown in every one of the 9 Regions in England (plus those in Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands) by clicking on the map below. The link shows you the name of the Awarding Body too.
We strongly recommend that secondary schools, colleges and other learning providers looking to start ‘working towards’ the Standard make contact with one or more of our Awarding Bodies as well as speaking with one or more holders of the Standard.
January 2023 headline figures of schools and colleges engaged with the Standard: almost three years after the Covid19 pandemic began and seriously disrupted many facets of education, including time to work towards the Standard – the level of active engagement of schools and colleges with the national Standard was:
- 558 English secondary schools and colleges held the award.
- As agreed with the Consortium Board and DfE- some 150 award holders have been offered a limited ‘period of grace’ if required to defer submissions for reassessment because of the impact of COVID-19. These are not included in the 558 figure. Awarding Bodies remain in contact with these schools and colleges seeking to maintain their engagement with the Standard.
- A further 447 schools and colleges were actively “working towards” assessment in 2023.
So, in January 2023, there were 1005 English schools and colleges actively engaged with the Standard. In addition, 6 secondary schools held the Standard in Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands, as well as 2 middle schools in England.
This shows that some 30% of England’s state secondary schools & academies as well as 30% of England’s FE & Sixth Form Colleges were actively engaged with the Standard in January 2023.
Whilst this page doesn’t include details of secondary schools, colleges and other providers who are ‘working towards’ achieving the Standard, you may also ask our Awarding Bodies if there are learning providers located near you who are currently ‘working towards’ the Standard.
- When reading this section, for schools or colleges which previously held a then valid individually-named CEIAG Quality Award (e.g. “Investor in Careers”, or “Career Mark”), please note that these individually-named awards ceased to be awarded in March 2017. They have been replaced by the single national CEIAG Quality Award – the Quality in Careers Standard.
- With effect from April 2017, the previous providers of those individually-named awards became Licensed Awarding Bodies for the Quality in Careers Standard. The Consortium Board agreed that the three Awarding Bodies shown below could retain using their well-established brands to describe their approach to the delivery of the national Quality in Careers Standard:
- “Investor in Careers” is now the branded approach of the legal entity which is the Licensed Awarding Body CSW Group.
- “Career Mark” is now the branded approach of the legal entity which is the Licensed Awarding Body Complete Careers.
- “Inspiring IAG” is now the branded approach of the legal entity which is the Licensed Awarding Body Positive Steps.
Disclaimer: The Quality in Careers Consortium is not responsible for the content of external websites referred to or linked to in any part of our website. The Consortium is not liable in relation to, and neither takes responsibility for, any contract entered into by visitors to this website.
Hyperlinks: Whilst we endeavour to ensure all links included are correct and working, from time to time links do not work correctly. We would be grateful if you could please report any broken or incorrect links on this website by completing our Get in Touch form or emailing email@example.com